"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
That was the theme of my Bible reading today. I needed a little reminder that God has this precious baby and this pregnancy in His hands. Because we were told this week of a possible problem with the baby's heart and the chance this could be a complicated pregnancy involving bed rest, I have been anxious this week. I just needed to bask in God's glory and let my restless soul be touched with His words of faithfulness. A drink for the thirsty so to speak. Most of the time I see the word "needs" here as material or financial needs but this time they struck me as my emotional and spiritual needs.
I did a little original Greek word study, like I do a lot when I read the Bible, using the Strong's Concordance. And I found that the original Greek word for "supply" here is "preroos" which means "to make full, fill up." God NEVER does things half way. I am so glad. Even though my efforts for Him are often halfway. The original word for "all" here is "paB", pronounced pas, and it means "individually; each and every/collectively;some of all types." God recognizes all of our individual needs! He knows and loves us personally! He knows exactly what we need, when we need it. And no matter what type of need it is, no matter how hard we think it is to fill or how big or small it seems, He is bigger than even the largest need we could EVER have! The original word for "glory" is "doxa" which means "splendor;brightness;kingly majesty". It also means "approval/opinion/judgement." Which made me realize that since God sees the big picture, far beyond what we are able to see, then the importance and relevance of His judgement, opinion, and approval of what I need, at any given time, far surpasses mine. Jesus, in all His splendor and Kingly majesty, will NOT let me down.
I also realize that life is not always easy and wondering about the outcome and health of this baby girl and pregnancy isn't an easy thing. But God never promised ease and complete perfection in our lives. I know that tribulations and trials that put me through the fire can refine and strengthen me for the better. And God knows what I can handle. These things work together for my good. And I can honestly say that previous trials in my life have always turned into an amazing "growth spurt" for me spiritually or things ended up for the better in general. I am stronger, happier, and closer to God because of them. I didn't always realize the good in the midst of the storm, but I am learning from those experiences that I can stand in the rain as much as in the sun with the help of the Lord.
Some of the other verses I read through today that relate to the above verse in Philippians are:
1) James 1:2-4 and 12
2)Romans 5:3-5 and 8:18-30
I won't type them out, but if you are interested you can look them up.
So that is a summary of my reading today. They were truths that I have read before, but needed to be reminded of again. And each time the Lord leads me to particular scriptures He reveals something new to me. Sometimes those things are small, sometimes big, very very big. But He did soothe my weary soul today, He does know what I need and when I need it after all.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
When I start feeling as if Iam about to drown in my struggles, practicing this simple verse helps me a lot: "Be still and know that I am God".
Post a Comment