Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Note to self....
I am going to try to:1) Read God's Word EVERY morning and blog about what I read, be it short and simple or long and deeply inspiring. I am hoping it will keep me accountable and begin my day with Christ on my heart and mind. Helping me to live each day the way He would have me live. Being the wife, mother, and child of God that he intends for me to be.2) Cherish the little fleeting things that occur in each day that I am so incredibly thankful for. Be it an "adorable or kooky conversation with my kids" thing, a "make myself breathe this moment is so amazing" thing, a "pee in the pants funny" thing, a "so strongly convicted I am brought to tears" thing, a "this is why I love being a Mommy" thing, to the "stroke a sleeping cheek, I love you so much I could burst, can't believe you're my precious baby" thing, and lastly something on the lines of "babe, you make me laugh, cry, fume, pout, melt, think, and I'll love you til the day I die" type of thing. But I know that each day holds something precious for me if I will only slow down and thank God for ALL my blessings, big and small. I will blog my list of "Thankful Things" as a way to remind myself to stop and smell my roses on a daily basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Hi Shelly,
Welcome to Blogger! I read about your new blog on Tammy's. Read your profile & plan on looking at more of your first posts. I'm old enough to be your mom, but we have a lot in common, probably because I'm a Christian too. Have been since I was 15. Blessings to you, your hubby & kids. Love the goals you have set for yourself, just remember that God already sees you "white as snow" :)
Post a Comment