Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Thankful Things Day # ?

Today I am thankful for:

1) Family.
2) Songs from a 22 month old.
3) Stories from a 4 1/2 year old (even when they don't make any sense and go on and on.....and on and on).
4) The inventor of the modern washing machine. When you are as behind on laundry as I am you think of these things!
5) When doctors are wrong. I look back on the birth of my first child and how overwhelming the feelings of thankfulness were at that moment. We thought we couldn't have kids and there he was in my arms, squalling and pink and beautiful. And then we thought he might be our only one, our miracle. And then came our second miracle, a daughter. The same feelings of awe and amazement came in a flood as I held her the first time. And now.......now we are about to have our third! Hannah, her name means God is gracious. And indeed He is. She is no less a miracle than the other two. And I have five, possibly six, more babies to hold when I get where I am going. What wonderful blessings I receive that I don't even deserve.

No comments: