Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quick Post

This is just a real quick post to tide ya over until I have the time to write a real one! This is a link to The Barna Group and the much talked about study done on those claiming to be believers and their world view. I think it is VERY telling of how we are losing this nation to worldly beliefs and we are certainly losing the next generation to them too. When are we going to stand up and say enough is enough? When are we going to start discipling (no not disciplining, I didn't forget the 'n'....although I am sure our youth need more of that too) and training our children up to really KNOW and love Jesus? How can we teach our children when the majority of us don't even know enough of God's word ourselves? How can we teach them when most of us only see our children long enough to eat dinner, do homework, and go to bed. If that. How can we when the majority of us are relying on a Godless system to do the job for us? I mean seriously! When are we going to take responsibility for the state of our children's walk with Christ and the state of our great nation? When will we stop being lukewarm Christians? When we will start desiring more than the status quo? We all want the American dream instead of God's best for us and our children. We don't want to go against the flow. We don't want to stand out. We want to achieve the world's standards of success instead of God's. This is something that the Lord has weighed heavily on my heart and the heart of my husband. It breaks our hearts to think of it all. Take a look at the findings here and pay special attention to the "Why it Matters" section at the end.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait till your "real" post that quick one was pretty powerful and so right on! So true!