Friday, April 17, 2009

Total Vent


I just have something to say. And not everyone is going to like it. And that's fine. But this is my blog and you don't have to read it and I can write what I please. That's why it's here...a way to express myself. And right now I am angry. 

I am 100% pro-life, no exceptions. And I have many reasons for taking a stand for those little lives. I have the total freedom (for now) to hold this belief. But just tonight alone I came across several comments on a pro-life blog that were just plain ignorant. (And by the way...if you don't like reading pro-life data then don't read a pro-life blog for heaven's sake.) Ignorance when you don't have the resources is one thing, ignorance when you do is another thing all together. And obviously if you post on a internet blog you have access to the rest of the world wide web. So you have NO excuse to make an uneducated decision! Don't just let someone feed your decisions to you without you being able to decide for yourself after reading up and doing some stinking research. Good grief!

If you are pro-choice then okay you are pro-choice. I probably can't say a whole awful lot to change your mind. That's between you, your Creator, and that unborn child. But so help me, don't get on a blog and post comments that photographs of aborted fetuses and the information provided are nothing more than propaganda. That they can't possibly look that way, that they are nothing more than cells, that they can't think or feel. That is just plain, out and out, ignorance! Whether you want to face the brutal choice or not, all it takes is a little study in prenatal development to figure out that from the instant that sperm meets egg the gender is determined, the eye and hair color and whether they have mom's nose or dad's build is already determined. That a baby's heart begins to beat at 18 days, EIGHTEEN DAYS, and that at 21 days that baby's beating heart now pumps blood through a circulatory system. ALL of this before mom even knows she is pregnant. You began this way, I began this way. You can't just say that just because it doesn't look human yet that it isn't human. At 40 days (or 6 weeks after conception) that "non-thinking" baby now has identifiable brain waves. The eye, ear, and respiratory systems develop at 4 weeks and function at 6 weeks. All 20 teeth buds are present at 6 1/2 weeks. All the body systems are present by 8 weeks. At 9 weeks the baby squints, swallows, moves his tongue, and bends his fingers around an object stroking his/her palm. By the time baby is 11 weeks into a pregnancy (abortion is legal to this point and far beyond) it is a fully functioning, moving, responding, thumb sucking human LIFE. Don't believe me? Good, go find out for YOURSELF!

SO my. point. is....if you educate yourself on what abortion is, really educate yourself, and still decide that it is okay at least you can state an educated opinion/choice/belief on it. Face the brutal facts and photos, whether you want to or not and then make an fully educated choice. But DON'T spout off uneducated ignorance in defense of it. What can I say to someone who has seen and read all the facts and still chooses it? At least I know you know what choice you are really making. I will in no way agree with your choice or condone it. But I don't have to and I can still love you and still hate your choices. But stand up, be an adult, do some research, and THINK FOR YOURSELF! 

So the next time you see a photo of a fetus that has been aborted (removed either whole or piece by piece) at whatever week, you will know that they are MUCH more than a "ball of cells." They cease being just a ball of cells at mere hours after conception, if that is your argument, before a woman can even possibly know she is expecting. And I am speaking as a woman who has lost SEVEN babies to miscarriage from as early as 5 weeks to as late as 12 weeks and I can ASSURE you that they were MUCH more than a ball of cells. It boils down to this (with this issue and so many others): I am so tired, and so saddened, by the people in this nation taking a stand on things that they know nothing about. They are being fed a stance on an issue and they are refusing to look into the issue at all on their own. What a stupid and dangerous thing to do. We are smarter than that. Rant officially ends now.

(Want an explanation of the above photo? Go here.)

2 comments:

Lucky Irish Gal said...

Very eloquent babe! So who lit a fire under your rear dear?

Lucky Irish Gal said...

You have an award