
Apparently I have gone from posting a couple of times a week to posting once a week to posting once a month! Such is life! In the last month, since my last post, things have been busy but good. I cut back a couple of things, got my housework under control, and in general I am feeling like my normal self again. I had a rough month awhile back with being overwhelmed with my schedule. It was my own undoing really. I am a yes person and almost always have been. I am sure during the lovely teen years "nos" were said much more frequently! But as a whole I am a people pleaser and I have had to learn over the years to take decisions up with the Lord first before giving my answer. If I go on my first instinct, I would undoubtedly say yes much more than needed. But weighing priorities and making decisions based on where the Lord wants me at certain times is by far the best bet for me. Every now and then, like recently, I fall back into people pleaser mode instead of being the God pleaser I am called to be. And when I do it reeks havoc on me, my schedule, my house, my family. So I have to step back, realize my mistake, reevaluate, fix my priorities, and start again. I usually get back on track pretty quickly. Anybody else have the "yes man", "people pleaser" personality like me? It really is like the wonderful verse in Joshua, "Choose this day whom ye will serve."





No comments:
Post a Comment