
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine...
Song of Solomon 6:3
Hope everyone is having, or will be having, a romantical day. The hubby and I agreed to not exchange gifts this year. We sent one another sweet e-cards. This weekend we are going down to TN to visit with each of our parents. While we are there we are having our valentine date. We had planned on going home that weekend anyway and when we realized it was the weekend after valentine's we scheduled our date for that time too. The grandparents love babysitting as all grandparents do. Especially when they don't see them as often as they'd like. We let our other sitter know we wouldn't need her and made dinner reservations in Memphis instead of here. We are going to a very nice, intimate, somewhat pricey fondue restaurant together. I bought a new dress and shoes that I haven't let the hubby see me in yet. And he's gonna wear his suit. It's going to be SO nice going out, just the two of us. It's been a couple of months since we've been out without the kiddos. Our dinner reservations are for an early dinner so we are going to leave for Memphis early (takes about an hour to get there) and do a little something before hand too. Even if it's nothing but strolling downtown by the river or hitting some shops. I am hoping to get some pictures of the evening so I will post them when we get back.
We did however talk about our first Valentine's together. It helps to rekindle things when you remember where you started from. The hubby had planned on proposing on the dock of my mom and dad's pond, where we kinda first met. But I had worked all night and had a horrible cold and I refused to go out there! HA! So he took me to the store and we got tissues and medicine and we went back to his house. He sat me down on his bed and put the box of tissues beside me. He got down on one knee and told me what his plans had been. But instead he was going to take care of me, that night and every night after that if I would let him. And I don't remember anything else after that. But I do remember saying yes and crying (good thing there were tissues).
And we also talked about the first time he told me he loved me. He memorized 1 Corinthians 13 (the entire chapter) just to say he loved me. It was so very sweet. But.... I didn't say it back! Isn't that awful! But I just wanted to be sure. We were so young. And I had done the whole "I love you" thing before and it meant nothing. I knew deep down he was the one, but I just had to be sure my feelings were the real deal. We went on for days before I finally told him I loved him back. He would say it every day and I would say..."I am getting there." And I was. Truth was I had been there. But we had only been dating a VERY short time. He says he remembers thinking "She has me right where she wants me." But he didn't care, he liked where he was, Ha! So one day he tells me he loves me as we get out of the car. And I say it back, nonchalantly, as I walk away. He says "Wait a minute, what did you say?!?" I turned around and grinned and said "I said I love you too." He grabbed me and hugged and kissed me. It was so sweet, and the timing was right. About a month later we were engaged and 10 months or so after that we were married! He used to leave me a love letter in my car EVERY single morning! I have a huge box full of them. I kept every one. And I remember one where he wondered if our daughter would have beautiful brown eyes like mine. And think about how now we have our beautiful "LuLu" who has my brown eyes. I wonder about this baby girl too. Anyway, just wanted to reminisce. Ya'll know how I am. I just feel really blessed to have a wonderful man, who loves the Lord, and treats me like there is no one like me in the whole world. He puts up with some junk from me too. He has his moments as well, I'm not gonna lie. But man all the other things make up for the bad moments. And we've been put through the ringer relationship wise in the 9 years we've been together and I can honestly say we are stronger because of it and I love him more now than then. Ya'll have any stories to share? I LOVE romantic stuff! So spill it, I wanna know!
And we also talked about the first time he told me he loved me. He memorized 1 Corinthians 13 (the entire chapter) just to say he loved me. It was so very sweet. But.... I didn't say it back! Isn't that awful! But I just wanted to be sure. We were so young. And I had done the whole "I love you" thing before and it meant nothing. I knew deep down he was the one, but I just had to be sure my feelings were the real deal. We went on for days before I finally told him I loved him back. He would say it every day and I would say..."I am getting there." And I was. Truth was I had been there. But we had only been dating a VERY short time. He says he remembers thinking "She has me right where she wants me." But he didn't care, he liked where he was, Ha! So one day he tells me he loves me as we get out of the car. And I say it back, nonchalantly, as I walk away. He says "Wait a minute, what did you say?!?" I turned around and grinned and said "I said I love you too." He grabbed me and hugged and kissed me. It was so sweet, and the timing was right. About a month later we were engaged and 10 months or so after that we were married! He used to leave me a love letter in my car EVERY single morning! I have a huge box full of them. I kept every one. And I remember one where he wondered if our daughter would have beautiful brown eyes like mine. And think about how now we have our beautiful "LuLu" who has my brown eyes. I wonder about this baby girl too. Anyway, just wanted to reminisce. Ya'll know how I am. I just feel really blessed to have a wonderful man, who loves the Lord, and treats me like there is no one like me in the whole world. He puts up with some junk from me too. He has his moments as well, I'm not gonna lie. But man all the other things make up for the bad moments. And we've been put through the ringer relationship wise in the 9 years we've been together and I can honestly say we are stronger because of it and I love him more now than then. Ya'll have any stories to share? I LOVE romantic stuff! So spill it, I wanna know!





No comments:
Post a Comment