Hi all from the balmy state of Florida! We have just begun our 7th Disney vacation. Hurray! We are insane, but it's just so darn fun!
So far we have checked into the hotel (Pop Century value resort) and kicked off our vacation with a princess dinner at the Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Fare. We didn't initially plan on eating there, but we needed to use up one of our meal credits on the dining plan (great bargain by the way). So we figured it'd be a fun way to start things off. The food was really good and we are glad we went. Besides what's not to like about the Grand Floridian Resort? It's simply gorgeous! I had coq au vin and paella. Heath had another type of chicken and salmon. The kids had whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce, pizza, and broccoli on a Mickey Mouse shaped plate. They also had mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, and a few other things on the "kids corner" section of the buffet. They had food selections ranging from French, Italian, Spanish, and couple of other countries. I would say it was a good variety of foods and LOTS of yummy fresh salads to choose from. Some good soups and breads too. We had dessert as well....chocolate mousse, cheesecake with fresh raspberries and the like.
It was a character meal so we got to meet Prince Charming, Cinderella, the step sisters, and Lady Tremaine. Cinderella and Prince Charming danced a waltz and Prince Charming even danced with one lucky little adorable princess. We all loved it and I think I am still full from the food! I will say that if you, as an adult, are a picky eater it might not be your fave. We are adventurous eaters (can you say salad with squid anyone?) and love to try new stuff. So the around the world cuisine was right up our alley. I suppose you could always eat from the kiddie corner though! =)
After dinner we came back to the hotel and got some stuff unpacked and then went and took a dip in the bowling pin shaped pool. (We are in the 50's era section of the hotel.) We have spent the rest of the evening getting the kiddos all bathed and in pjs. They are settled in and Hannah is sleeping. Lydia was too until our friends arrived (they are our fellow Disney freaks and are like family). We woke her up to say hello. Eli hasn't conked out yet either....he's watching the Indianapolis game. But now they have heavy lidded eyes and will soon be sawing logs. I am about to get my shower so I have one less thing to do in the morning!
Tomorrow is the official start of our vacation and we are spending it at Hollywood Studios (will always be MGM to me). Can't wait for the Tower of Terror and the Rockin' Roller Coaster!! I am not pregnant this time and can ride whatever I want!!! I will post again tomorrow to tell you all about day one of our trip! Let the magic begin!!!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment